Common types of printing paper
- publications, catalogues, magazines, posters, maps, LWC (Light Weight Coated)
- magazines, leaflets, Offset paper
- letter paper and headed paper, forms, school notebooks and textbooks, colouring books, notepads, Recycled paper
- brochures, manuals, paperback, Solid fibreboard and card board
- concertina books, book covers, passe-partouts, Special paper
- paper with good printability.
Benefits and difficulties of V1 binding
A type of sewn soft cover binding
, where the sheets of paper are inserted into each other and stapled in the spine with wire staples. The number of pages has to be divisible by four; the smallest unit has to be a double sheet (four pages). It is necessary to establish the paper grammature
and its thickness and to be able to calculate the shift.
Lightweight card board, die-cut, perforation
In finishing, printed matter die-cuts
belong to popular finishing treatments. We often perform die-cuts of flap folders
, i.e. different folders with lapels, die-cuts of labels, greeting cards, boxes
etc. Die-cutting and folding of printed matter, perforation.
of binding is one of the hardcover bindings
; a sewn binding with hard cover that can be coated with cloth (V8 binding
), laminated paper (V8a binding
), paper (V8b binding
). The paper can also be printed, processed or special. The cover can also be coated with another material (V8c binding
), such as leather, artificial leather, or quilted.